We rely on broadband more and more everyday to give us access to networks and the internet more importantly. From dial up we have gone to broadband now. The average speed in Europe is 15Mbps, Japan has average of about 90Mbps, a far cry from the rest of the world .. Apparently UK have some ambitious plans to catch up by 2015 .. Hope Malaysia has some massive plans too!
Below is a nice inforgraphic which gives you more insight…
Life the way you know it will be very different if you make it count. Stumbled upon this on facebook and i had to share it. Casey Neistat went around the world in 10 days and recorded this video. Not something a normal person would remotely consider doing but i think doing such things spontaneously will help keep you sane in this not very sane world that we live in isn’t it?!
At the age of 3, these prodigies were doing things that most grown ups are still dreaming of doing. Some are mathematicians, artist, physics masters and even environmentalist.
The one that caught my attention was Akrit Jaswal who at seven years old, became a surgeon. Then there is Saffron Pledger who at age 3 has a IQ 140 and might possibly become one of the youngest member of Mensa, an intellectual high IQ society.
Last but not least of my picks is Sufiah Yusof , a Malaysian who at the age of 13 received her acceptance to St. Hilda’s College, Oxford to study mathematics. That didnt last too long as she later went missing, became a high class prostitute and pretty much it was down hill form there. Suppose she must have gone through some rough times to end up in that predicament.
You can read the other child geniuses HERE
The list of top companies to work for in the US for 2011 is out! Really didn’t expect some of the names that are on the list but its fantastic that more than the usual suspects are topping the charts which means, more options!
If you’re expecting to see some of the names you see in the picture above, think again
Check out the listings Continue reading »
This is a very interesting one, check out the world map of Internet cables. This is how our data moves from location to location. So when you experience extremely slow internet speed it’s probably a good idea to see if there has been an Earthquake or some natural disaster that could have put a speed bump to your connectivity.
A Wikipedia entry states that only 1% of Internet data and voice traffic is transmitted through satellite links while the remaining 99% is still carried by undersea cables spread across the world’s oceans
Source : Digital Inspiration