Check out the latest from the android voice actions, now you can call contacts and businesses, send messages, browse the web and soo much more!
What is Voice Actions?
"Voice Actions are a series of spoken commands that let you control your phone using your voice. To use Voice Actions, tap the microphone button on the Google search box on your home screen, or press down for a few seconds on the physical search button on your phone to activate the Speak Now screen," explains Google.
This is a super duper enhancement that has been made to the android OS for your mobile device. You have to watch the below video to understand the updates :
This is why i need a android device, the enhancements are constant and its new features that truly add’s value! Simply brilliant!
So i have been keeping my eyes closely on the android devices that are in the market. Only 10 months ago my loyal Samsung phone of 4 years decided to suddenly die on me taking together all the contacts and data with it. I needed to get it replaced badly and my then favorite the Nokia E71.
It was my first “smart phone” and discovered very fast the limitations of the Symbian OS which to be honest, absolutely rubbish! With the limitations that it gives, i feel that there is so much that you can do with a symbian device unless there is a massive overhaul to keep up with the leading packs.
The much talked about iOS 4 is now available as a FREE download for iphone users. The brand spanking new software which has a brand new name has a kitty fulla goodies that you can take advantage of :
- Even better Mail
- Create playlists
- 5x digital zoom
- Tap to focus video
- Faces and Places in Photos
- Home screen wallpaper
- Gift apps
- Spell checking
- Wireless keyboard support
However, multitasking is only available with iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS. You can read more detail about the feature highlights above HERE
Here’s a demo of what to expect Continue reading »
After all the rumours and speculations, apple unleashed their latest toy the iPhone 4. Its not the best kept secret but thats old news now and below is a preview of what this new kid on the block has to offer!
The new Android OS 2.2 has been released and there are some massive enhancements since the previous version. Watching the video makes me want to have a android device :S
- Significant speedups, promising 2x-5x improvements for processing-intensive apps, plus faster loading of web pages.
- Support for running applications from SD card, so you can install large apps like games without using up all the internal memory.
- Support for using the phone as a shared Wi-Fi hotspot for laptops or other portable devices, or tethered to a laptop over USB.
- Expanded camera / camcorder features including portrait orientation, LED flash for video, and expanded controls for zoom, flash, exposure, and geo-tagging.
- Enhanced Microsoft Exchange support, especially for security and administrator policies.
- Expanded Bluetooth support including voice dialing, sharing contacts, and car docks.
- Expanded developer support for services including messages from cloud services, backup to cloud storage, speech recognition, and “car mode” and “night mode” controls — all now available to be built in to any Android app.